Privacy Collection Statement
The Butterfly Foundation is committed to protecting your privacy and complying with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act), the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic) and other relevant Australian and state laws in relation to the management of personal information.
Purpose of this Privacy Collection Statement
The purpose of this Privacy Collection Statement is to explain to you what personal information we are collecting, and why, at the time of collecting personal information (or as soon as practicable thereafter). The provision of a Privacy Collection Statement is a requirement of the Privacy and Data Protection Act 2014 (Vic).
We provide a Privacy Collection Statement on each of our websites.
What personal information do we collect?
The types of information that may be collected as a result of your use of this Website are:
- The fact that you have visited the website and the date and time of your visit;
- Your server or IP address (the name or number which uniquely identifies the computer through which you are connected to the internet);
- Your top level domain name, e.g. .com, .gov, .au, .uk;
- The pages you have accessed and the documents you have downloaded;
- The search terms you used;
- The previous site you visited (if you have linked to this website); and
- The type of browser you use.
We will not make any attempt to identify you from the collection of this information.
In some cases, we may also collect your information through the use of “cookies”. A “cookie” is a small data file containing a unique ID number. When you access one of our websites, we may send a cookie to your computer or internet enabled device, where it is stored.
The cookie allows a web application on our website to recognise your computer or internet enabled device the next time you visit our website, and to respond to you as an individual each time you visit. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences. It also enables us to keep track of information that you view and purchases you make so that, if you consent, we can send you updates about services, events or products.
If you do not wish to receive cookies, you can set your browser so that your computer does not accept them. You can also remove cookies using your browser settings. This may impact on your ability to use our websites.
These are some services and activities on this Website where you may decide to register, for example as a webchat user, or as a donor.
If you choose to register for a service or activity through our Website, then some personal information will be recorded against your user profile. It will only be used for the purposes of enabling us to:
- meet our Website management needs (for example, by enabling you to become a member of the Website); or
- provide services to you (such as moderating your participation in our online support groups to keep you safe);
- contacting you regarding a request (for example to Share your Story);
- provide information, resources and products to you (for example, if you order any resources or purchase products);
- engage in direct marketing activities via email (if you have registered your email address with us and have not "opted-out").
References to “the Butterfly Foundation”, “Butterfly”, "we", "us" and "our" are references to the Butterfly Foundation, ABN 42 102 193 582.
Website” means the whole or any part of the web pages located at www.thebutterflyfoundation.org.au
and includes the layout, individual design elements, underlying code elements and any text, sounds, videos, graphics, animated elements or other content contained on this Website.
How to contact us
By email: email@example.com
By post: Att: Privacy Officer, Butterfly Foundation, PO Box 7026, Glen Iris VIC 3146