Position Vacant: NEDC Communications and Resource Officer
Skilled and resourceful communicator wanted for a leading Australian NGO on an Australian Government initiative.
Be part of the solution!
- Contract position to 30th June 2019
- Full time (part-time considered for right applicant)
- Salary $70,000 - $74,000 p/a (pro rata if part time)
- Located at Butterfly House, Crows Nest, NSW
The opportunity; the person we seek!
The National Eating Disorders Collaboration (NEDC) is an Australian Government initiative. Our primary purpose is to develop and maintain a nationally consistent approach and make evidence-based information more accessible, in order to improve the prevention, early intervention and management of eating disorders across Australia. The NEDC is managed by the Butterfly Foundation.
As a highly effective communicator and researcher, you will be the key point of contact for all NEDC internal and public communication enquiries and a key contributor to our engagement activities, stakeholder communications and producing and publishing resources and a variety of materials across diverse channels. Adaptable and flexible, you are a solid all-rounder with strong interpersonal and writing skills to enable you to deliver on multiple projects and engage with people from a wide range of backgrounds.
You possess relevant tertiary qualifications in health promotion, social sciences, community development, health communication or other area with demonstrated relevance to the role.
This role is for a fixed term, full time contract position until 30th June 2019, with the possibility of an extension. A part time role may be considered for the right candidate.
Download the position description for the full list of selection criteria.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in health promotion, social sciences, community development, health communication or other area with demonstrated relevance to the role.
- Excellent written communication skills, demonstrated through professional writing experience in a related field – e.g. education/technical writing; including experience in making technical information accessible to a wide range of audiences, from health professionals through to the general public.
- Experience using multiple communication methods and platforms, particularly e-communications, e-newsletters, social media platforms and e-learning.
- Design skills, with experience in using desktop publishing programs, including demonstrated experience in the preparation, production, and promotion of flyers, marketing collateral and similar materials.
- Strong computer literacy and extensive experience with Microsoft Office products, maintaining databases and web content management.
- Team player that fosters collaborative relationships, as well as the ability to work autonomously and use own initiative.
All applicants should supply their resume, and must address the FULL Selection Criteria (essential and desirable) as detailed in the Position Description in a separate letter. The Position Description can be found via the Butterfly website. https://thebutterflyfoundation.org.au/about-us/employment-opportunities/
Applications which do not address the selection criteria will not be considered.
Applications should be submitted by email to Human Resources at email@example.com with Subject Title: Communications and Resources Officer, NEDC
Applications close on Friday 15th September 2017.
Applications will be assessed as they come in, so keen applicants are advised to submit their applications early.
For enquiries about this position, contact Eliza Charlett on 02 9412 4499 or email firstname.lastname@example.org